where to park my Jeep?

Behöver du transporthjälp, mekhjälp eller står du strandad någonstanns så är detta delen för dig.

Moderatorer: Marcus, AtEase, volvojonas, MrHawk

XT500
Nybörjare

where to park my Jeep?

Inlägg av XT500 » ons mar 18, 2015 14:47

Dear all,

as my Swedish skills are still underdeveloped and I would sound like a 3 year old, if I would use them, I appologize to write in English - hope this is acceptable - for your and my comfort :-)

As I have lived for four years in Sweden (Täby), my work contract came to an end last December and I had together with my family to move back to Germany. Since then we still have a vital link to Sweden and we will mantain that with various trips to there during the year.
Beside of meeting friends and other things, it is also off-roading which is just fabulous in Sweden. Inspired by off road meetings from Jeep Club Sweden, the SOT, which I attendend now three times as also various weekends at offroad clubs I enjoyed, I need to have a permanent vehicle availiable in Sweden.

Luckily I already own a Swedish registered Jeep Cherokee XJ, which I'll bring back to Sweden at påsk and hence, here is my problem:

Where to park my Jeep permanently at a safe and weather protected place?

So my objective and question to you is where hire a dry place for my Jeep, preferably with electricity to just buffer the battery for an affortable monthly amount of money.

I checked some commerical offers, but these are mostly downtown Stockholm and pretty expensive. As Arlanda is my typical point of arrival in Sweden, somthing in a 45min taxi drive distance from there would be great.

So, poor Offroader is seeking a place to park his rig permanently at a safe and roofed place in the North of Stockholm area for occasional Sweden visits during the year.
Offers are welcomed ;-)

This does not necessarily mean a place to fix things - just to park.

To get a face to this topic, that is me fixing the exhaust at Gröndal at last SOT at my other Jeep XJ

Bild

and as I promised a face to the personasking for support. We might have already met....

Bild

Looking forward to relpies or proposals

Regards
Jochen
------------------------------------------------
- Jeep XJ 4.0 MJ94 3" Trailmaster / vacuum front locker / China snorkel/ 31" Silverstone Xtreem / vinsch / Rocksliders
- Jeep XJ 4.0 MJ97 3" Trailmaster / Rock sliders / 31" GoodYear MT

Caffe
Forumräv
Kontakt:

Re: where to park my Jeep?

Inlägg av Caffe » ons mar 18, 2015 17:35

I don't know any specific place or person but wouldn't people renting out space for caravans etc be a good place to start looking? If there isn't any offers from the board...
Mina offroadbilder [Länk]
Pajero LWB gen II 3500 [Länk] - Inväntar offroafpremiären
Chevrolet S-10 S/T Pickup 4WD 262cui -96 - Vilar sig i form.

Marcus A
Forumräv
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Marcus A » ons mar 18, 2015 21:01

How much are you willing to pay? Of course as little as possible but it will be easier to ask people if know .... :-)

XT500
Nybörjare

Inlägg av XT500 » tor mar 19, 2015 8:18

Thanks, valid point if you ask people to hire out their property and there is no digital answer other than: It depends on....

I would accept 2400-4200SEK a year and it finally depends on the distance to Arlanda, how easy is the access for me and how "good" the place is.

@Caffe: not sure how this is for caravans, but I thought they are more parked "open air"
- Jeep XJ 4.0 MJ94 3" Trailmaster / vacuum front locker / China snorkel/ 31" Silverstone Xtreem / vinsch / Rocksliders

Fisketorp
Guru

Inlägg av Fisketorp » tor mar 19, 2015 9:10

I'm parkt My caravan under roff. Kost 2000kr.
But this is no near big city and west coast.

I think that price you give is litle litle for a year near big city.
Cant you ask any friends in swe?

Ore some farmer? They often gott lots of space

XT500
Nybörjare

Inlägg av XT500 » tor mar 19, 2015 19:07

Hi, all friends are asked already - no free space (guess used for own car) or too far away (Västerbotten) and I don't know any farmers.

Fisketorp
Guru

Inlägg av Fisketorp » fre mar 20, 2015 7:21

XT500 skrev:Hi, all friends are asked already - no free space (guess used for own car) or too far away (Västerbotten) and I don't know any farmers.
You don't need to know farmers to ask a farmer ;)

Spiken
Veteran

Inlägg av Spiken » fre mar 20, 2015 10:48

You can take the flight to Skavsta instead. Easier and cheaper to find a place here. If it's interesting, I can help you to find a place for your Jeep. For the moment I am busy, but I can look when I get home from my drive. Around the beginning of May.

XT500
Nybörjare

Inlägg av XT500 » fre mar 20, 2015 14:08

Hi Fisketorp - you're right, but it is hard for me to knock a door of a farmers home if I am 1600 km away and again my miserable Swedish skills would make it even harder.

@Spiken: I used Skavsta in the past with Ryan Air, but they have first massively reduced the flights to Sweden and ultimately stopped them now from the south of Germany unfortunately, but good idea.

Skriv svar